Wednesday 25 July 2012

Flapjack making and a Milly meltdown

Look!
So I managed to...
rinse all the blackcurrants and red gooseberries I picked in the allotment, ready for um, jam or something...
The Methodists don't often write to me honestly, but they're threatening to close Jessie's wonderful Montessori nursery down by selling it above the price the nursery can afford to buy it at - hence a flurry of angry letters to them from unhappy parents!
finish our birthday cards ready to send...
and watch Milly have a mini-meltdown before lunch...





which she was eased out of by flapjack-making...


as well as go shopping to Trago (yuk), the supemarket and Mole Valley Farmers for Lucky's dogfood - actually all my least favourite places to be on a lovely day....

....but it was OK! And we even managed to be having a lovely pizza supper happily by the time Dad came home, hooray :-)

And this morning we found a little overnight visitor in the bathroom:
 I think he might be a Buff Ermine



(Milly's verdict on the flapjacks: "Don't like them." - Ah well.)

2 comments:

  1. You got way more blackcurrants than we did! Only 2 handfuls from our bush, but they added a lovely zing to our raspberry jam, which was also not as plentiful I had hoped on account of little ones raiding the raspberry canes daily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We very luckily inherited six old blackcurrant bushes from the previous tenants and they always have loads of berries - I could probably pick this amount five times over at least! I think we only had about 10 raspberries in total last year which of course we just ate on the spot - quite right!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time to write ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...