Friday 27 July 2012

Elderflower champagne!

Here's my contribution to Green Friday at Raindrops and Daisies!


This is our homemade Elderflower Champagne, from an old recipe found here. Perfect for a sunny day in the garden :-)

Today's entertaining Milly challenge:


Home-made paint!

Mix up 2tbs cornflour and a dollop of shampoo and pour into a muffin tin


Add food colouring and mix



Then, take all your clothes off, go into the garden and paint everything in sight!! If you're two, that is ;-)

I'll post the results tomorrow. I'm guessing the food colouring might take more than one wash to remove...

[Bath-tub paints idea found here]


Edit: Just in case anyone has the crazy-assed idea that I'd be able to look after three under-fives whilst intoxicated - I'm not! Not only am I on 24hr breastfeeding duty, but our elderflower champers is only vaguely alcoholic anyway :-)


16 comments:

  1. love that bottle in the sun! bet it tastes good, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic post.

    The painting recipe looks like brilliant fun
    a bath will definitely be needed later I'm sure!

    Love the green bottle too!!

    ~Thank you for linking up with Green Day.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    x Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ein wunderschöner Beitrag, gefällt mir sehr...

    Lieben Gruß und Sonne im Herzen
    CL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your green bottle and that painting looks like so much fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elderflower champagne sounds wonderful - just have to make sure all the littlies are in bed before sampling, though;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your lovely comments! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely bottle !I look forward to seeing the beautiful results !
    Olympia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Olympia! :-) ...see below for what happened with the paints!

      Delete
  8. I'm going to have to head over to see your colourful painted garden! Will catch you in the week...Tuesday maybe? x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Guess what? Milly got bored after 2 minutes and poured water into all the paints till all the colour had gone.... I will never get my head round a kid being offered the chance to make loads of mess and then... not doing it!! Weird.... See you Tues Dot xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi Chloe

    I tried to follow you yesterday but couldn't find out how to do it
    I don't know if it is just me but I can't find a followers button...

    I will keep looking
    if I don't get it will you let me know how to follow....


    x Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chloe

    I am still competely lost....

    Your blog set up is so different to the rest of the blogs I follow
    which have a oogle follow button
    but this is very fancy (confusing)!!!

    Please let me know how to follow as I can't figure it out whatsoever
    and I would really like to be a follower.


    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fiona - if you look on the right hand side there are buttons that kind of pop out when you hover on them: one of them is the normal oogle followers thingy ;-)

      So glad you'll be my 10th follower! I love your blog & like I said, every day is becoming a Green Day! x

      Delete
  12. ... the buttons only pop out when you're on the 'home' page x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great green bottle, nice post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for commenting Gunsside!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time to write ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...