Wednesday 12 October 2011

Change

White white white.... it is slowly coming together:



Since recovering my energy somewhat now I'm in the magical 2nd trimester, I have been on a mission to sort out the house. So I've been ordering shelf-making from Jude and sending him off for plastic boxes so I can put everything in order. I guess my subconscious is telling me that time is running out to do all of this before no.3 appears and I have to go back to sitting around all day breastfeeding... as much as I always wanted to be able to sling the baby round my neck and let her get on with it as I'm getting on with my day, it's never happened that way.

It's also very cleansing somehow to get everything in order: I've never been happy to wallow in chaos for too long, and when I'm pregnant it seems to drive me even more loopy, having to pull everything out of a cupboard to find that one thing you know is lurking in there SOMEWHERE. And even though my sewing projects have slowed right down since I started hand sewing the white quilt, I really want to be able to access my overflowing stash so I can alternate more easily between slow and speedy. I've rushed some parts of the white embroidery, which I kind of didn't mind too much at the time, but the more I look at it now, the more irritating it becomes. The white gets to me after a while too - I think especially when I'm feeling low in myself, a little injection of bright colour does me good: a bit of tropical warmth on a grey Cornish day.

So perhaps I need to get a little crazy again...



I've been playing around with the blog lately, sorry for all the changes, I should have got it all worked out before I started, but there you go... let me know what you think, my two lonely followers/wanderers and anyone passing by :) xx



3 comments:

  1. found you! LOve both your quilts, very inspiring! oh, and feel free to come and clean and clear my house once youve finished organising yours!! ;) I am seriously lacking in motivation, I went into cleaning overdrive when I was preggers with Mya and James too. weird old nesting hormones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lovely, glad you made it here! Well, me sorting the house out veers from manic overdrive cupboard tidying one day to a deathly listlessness where I get NOTHING done at all.... and anyway, I'd probably make off with half your unwanted crap and undo all the good work I'd achieved here ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time to write ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...