I'm ridiculously thrilled to have been nominated for a Liebster Award!!!
Thank you Olympia for nominating me :-)
According to the rules I have to tell you 11 things about myself and nominate another 11 blogs which each have under 200 followers so......
- Reading Cormac McCarthy's Border Trilogy (All the Pretty Horses, the Crossing, Cities of the Plain) made me cry.
- I suffer from vertigo to the extent that even ladders frighten me.... conversely, I LOVE air travel: being in a plane, particularly in turbulence, is thrilling!
- Almost everything I own is second-hand: Sunday morning carbooting with a purse full of coins is one of my greatest pleasures.
- Champagne is my favourite drink, but I very rarely get the chance to drink it! At the moment I have to make do with home-made Elderflower bubbly ;-)
- I took my driving test three times before I passed... my instructor was so frustrated by my nerves letting me down when he knew I could do better he even paid for one test himself! (I failed)
- My dream job would be to travel the world taking landscape photos with a really flashy camera: the best country I've visited so far has to be Morocco, for its' beautiful architecture and scenery.
- I used to smoke, despite being hospitalised twice with asthma... I quit when I was pregnant with my eldest daughter and haven't touched a ciggy since.
- I used to collect rust. The Welsh coast around Cardiff was a particularly rich source of rusty old junk, which was useful when I studied there as I used it to make collages and scanned bits of it to turn into prints.
- I used to regularly win the competition at my junior school designing the poster advertising the annual school fair: the prize was always a book token. One book I remember buying with this token was 'The Rats of NIMH'.
- My mum died when I was two. She was only 27. Oddly this is the age that a number of musicians have died including my hero Jimi Hendrix along with Kurt Cobain, Robert Johnson, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin and the artist Jean-Paul Basquiat, amongst others. They are popularly known as 'The 27 Club'.
- I can't swim. The only thing I can do in the water is the 'Trying Not To Drown' stroke. It's very inelegant.
- Gracie at Grace and Mending
- Hoola Tallulah
- Susan Christiansen at Flying Dog Studio Design
- Nicole at Verde Mama
- Dee Mallon at Dee Mallon and Cloth Company
- Amy Woodruff at Daughter of the Sun
- Little Dotty Bird
- Tiny Woolf
- Peggy at Woman with Wings
- Norma at The FairyyellowbugQueen
- Deborah Purdy at While I Was Waiting
I think I need a little lie down now.