Monday 28 November 2011

Birthdays and celebrations on the way

We've been busy this week, starting our Christmas decorations:




And the present-making continues apace... in the end I decided to make both projects - at once!

Gap-tastic cowl above, lacy headband below

Milly squeezing the cat & me in my lovely handmade headband - thank you Lisa! :)

Milly's birthday is fast approaching - as is mine, which I feel very ambivalent about - so I have been secretly building up a stash of gifts for her. It's very hard trying to explain how to keep secrets to a 3 year old though - she's dying to tell Milly what she's got! Luckily she's not seen the main things - a cute monkey costume, which I think she will LOVE and facepaints - YAY!! I bought some for Jess too so she doesn't feel left out. I also ordered some helium balloons something I've never done before, which is really exciting. As usual I've spent my birthday money on gifts for other people, but I did treat myself to some overpriced but very yummy Cath Kidston hand cream.

So this week I have lots to get done - well for me anyway - birthday cake and card to make, finishing off knitting projects before their owners-to-be arrive for Mil's birthday this weekend, so I can stash them away and try to resist the temptation to get them out and show them off! Granny and Grandad AND Aunty Boo AND my sis are coming to visit which is fantastic - my sis lives up Lancaster way so it's a treat to see her, and we don't often see Aunty Boo either. Then Granny is taking Jess back with her for a couple of nights, which will be the first time she's stayed away from home.... she'll have such a good time! I had hoped to get out to the new River Cottage restaurant which has opened in Plymouth for a birthday meal this weekend but sadly it was not to be, fully booked. Bangers n'mash in the local pub instead methinks!

Have a lovely week!

5 comments:

  1. those window light catchers really are gorgeous, cant wait to get me some black paper and have a go!! hope you have a fab weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely decorations.

    so glad you felt you were worth some hand cream!
    i'm sure the bangers n mash will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turned into steak n chips at the last minute.... even yummier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love your window decorations. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Phyllis! I have to remember next time to make them out of stiffer card as they have a tendancy to curl in condensation... The girls really enjoyed making them, though Milly secretly preferred peeling all the coloured bits off again :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time to write ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...